LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated UX & Visual Designer to help us with our artistic efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary task force of programmers, artists, and production managers to creating engaging UI, effective visual design and experience solutions that’ll inspire users, reach project goals and business objectives;
- Create new concepts, design mock-ups, wire-frames, storyboard, user flows and working prototypes;
- Coordinate usability testing and create action plans for project and UX improvements;
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including application interfaces, mobile, video content, print-ready assets, and corporate branding including websites;
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems for a number of projects.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Arts or equivalent Visual Design experience designing UX/UI for projects;
- Strong experience with Adobe Suite;
- Experience and portfolio demonstrates good understanding on how to harness design to create awesome experiences to engage users in a variety of ways;
- Candidate possesses great aesthetic judgment with a keen eye for light, colour, value, form, typography, and composition.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous work experience with modern game engines, such as Unity 3D/Unreal;
- Web design and programming using CSC and HTML5;
- Print Design.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “UX & Visual Designer ” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!