LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning early stage startup that has set its sights on revolutionizing education by developing an e-learning platform that delivers interactive 3D content, married with gamification, and learning techniques based on cognitive neuroscience. Our edTech platform allows students to study through interactive 3D content, and provides educators powerful tools to give more engaging lectures. We’re growing, and looking to hire a Sr. Unity Software Developer to join our team.
What to expect:
- Innovative fast-paced startup company;
- Close-knit team composed by high performers;
- Playful and light hearted environment;
- Opportunity to play with and develop for new cutting edge technology in AR/VR/MR;
- Great office space in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C.;
- Sunny summer rooftop patio fully equipped with BBQ and bar;
- Cool employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, stocked with a variety of snacks and drinks our disposal;
- Team lunches and activities.
If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the ZOO to push the boundaries of what is possible in education and interactivity!
- Contribute ideas, participate in planning sessions, and help solve problems;
- Design & implement client side systems & architecture;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Deliver high quality & well-structured code;
- Provide regular feedback on improvements to design, processes, workflows, or tool chains.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience);
- 3-5+ years with Unity3D and C#;
- 3-5+ years with object-oriented game/mobile languages such as Objective-C, Java, C++, or AS3;
- Worked on a mobile platform including Android, or iOS;
- Familiarity with Perforce or Subversion;
- Familiarity with AI, Camera, UI/UX and various interaction models;
- Experience with common data structures and design patterns;
- Excellent debugging, optimization and profiling skills;
- A strong understanding of software engineering practices;
- A strong sense of problem solving and decision-making;
- Ability to mentor others;
- Fantastic written & verbal communication ability;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
How to apply:
Send us your resume, cover letter and work samples (portfolio, website, GitHub, list of shipped titles, etc.) an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Sr. Unity Software Developer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!