LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated Technical Artist to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Working with Artists to identify optimization challenges and applying your expertise to implement visual quality improvement solutions;
- Working with Team Leads to enhance environments, UI/UX, and other platform elements;
- Ensuring assets integrate with minimal friction or loss of visual quality;
- Building, maintaining, and optimizing the art pipeline with feedback from the artists;
- Developing automated processes, such as build automation and art pipelines;
- Troubleshooting project and architecture issues which might impact content creation and integration.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An awesome 3D wizard, with a solid experience of Autodesk applications including Maya and 3DS Max, Adobe Suite, and 3D engines;
- Sound knowledge of entire 3D pipeline including modelling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation;
- Confidence in maintaining and providing support for every art tool at your disposal;
- Proven experience and understanding of Unity Engine and/or Unreal;
- Proven experience in C#, Python, Mel;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience/interest in VR/AR/MR technology;
- Knowledge of Python and/or Mel Script;
- Shader knowledge, using HLSL, CG;
- Experience/interest in app development for iOS and Android;
- Have shipped a game title or enterprise product/solution.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Technical Artist” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!