LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated Software Developer to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Work with the team to develop, test, and maintain applications;
- Design & implement client side systems & architecture;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Deliver high quality & well-structured code;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Integrating assets into the software at the required quality level;
- Creating custom tools and process solutions using various scripting languages and batching methods as needed;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production;
- Act as a positive asset to a multi-disciplinary team.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience);
- Strong experience with Unity and/or Unreal;
- Demonstrable proficiency in C# and/or C++;
- Worked on a mobile platform or AR/VR/MR device;
- Familiarity with Perforce or Subversion;
- Familiarity with AI, Camera, UI/UX and various interaction models;
- Excellent debugging, optimization and profiling skills;
- A strong understanding of software engineering practices;
- A strong sense of problem solving and decision-making;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya, 3DS Max or ZBrush;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Have worked with cross-functional teams.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Software Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!