Is design your great craft? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive! We’re looking to add a Product Designer to our team in Vancouver or Victoria.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour and the Metrotown hub, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As our Product Designer, you will exercise your problem solving cleverness, user interface mastery and wireframe wizardry to streamline day-to-day activities and contribute to and increase LlamaZOO’s creation of visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve industry training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
What you will be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with production and business teams to represent the design team and provide feedback in planning and product discussions
- Collaborate closely with other designers and leadership to define and improve product feature briefs—contributing to the overall direction, planning and scoping of new products and features
- Design flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features ensuring product documentation is up-to-date
- Solicit feedback from stakeholders and team to ensure team alignment
- Work closely with the production team to ensure high-quality implementation of designs
- Work in close collaboration with leadership to inform and improve design processes
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
What you should have:
- 3+ years of working experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile. Designing for VR/AR would be a bonus, but isn’t required.
- A stunning portfolio showcasing your process from concept to completion. We’ll be looking at design fundamentals such as typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience in working and collaborating with remote teams (Vancouver & Victoria) in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience collaborating with product managers and other key stakeholders to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, AdobeXD and/or Framer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Product Designer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
We have 1 position available for this role in either our office location in Vancouver or Victoria.