LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning early stage startup that has set its sights on revolutionizing education by developing an innovative platform that delivers interactive 3D content, married with gamification, and learning techniques based on cognitive neuroscience. Our edTech platform allows students to study through interactive 3D content, and provides educators powerful tools to give more engaging lectures.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated co-op student to start early September to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude; someone passionate with an eagerness to learn but who is not afraid to ask questions. You’ll learn how to manage your own project, be taught cool tools and software such as Unity and C# from our genius tech team, QA testing and get to experience the startup lifestyle in a pioneering tech company. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Working on and owning a development project;
- Assisting with business analytics;
- Project QA, testing app and backend infrastructure for bugs, build automation system and automation improvement;
- Write, submit, and track bug tickets via bug tracking software Jira;
- Create competitive analyses of other products, provide evaluations, and suggest product improvements.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Software Engineering or related program;
- Experience with at least one of the following: Ruby, Java, .Net, Python or C#;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good computer skills and experience with mobile technologies;
- Proactive, self-starter able to work independently;
- Champion for quality of user experience;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unity & 3D Software such as Maya;
- QA testing experience on at least one project;
- Experience with AWS is an asset.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Technical Co-op” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!