Do you regularly work your magic in optimization and tool creation? Are you a wizard at investigating new pipeline techniques? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Technical Artist to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As our Technical Artist, you will use your experience in pipelines and process automation to help create the next generation of industry 4.0 solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Working with Artists to identify optimization challenges and applying your expertise to implement visual quality improvement solutions;
- Working with Team Leads to enhance environments, UI/UX, and other platform elements;
- Ensuring assets integrate with minimal friction or loss of visual quality;
- Building, maintaining, and optimizing the art pipeline with feedback from the artists;
- Developing automated processes, such as build automation and art pipelines;
- Troubleshooting project and architecture issues which might impact content creation and integration.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 1-4 years of professional experience with Unity and C#;
- Experience with asset integration pipelines;
- Experience in UI implementation and UI scripting;
- An awesome 3D wizard, with a solid experience of Autodesk applications including Maya and 3DS Max, Adobe Suite, and 3D engines;
- Sound knowledge of entire 3D pipeline including modelling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation;
- Confidence in maintaining and providing support for every art tool at your disposal;
- Proven experience in Python, Mel;
- Experience/interest in VR/AR/MR technology;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Huge bonus to have experience in arcGIS;
- Photogrammetry processing experience;
- Shader knowledge, using HLSL, CG;
- Experience/interest in app development for iOS and Android;
- Have shipped a game title or enterprise product/solution.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Technical Artist” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
We have 1 position available for this role in either our office location in Vancouver or Victoria.