Do you regularly work your magic in software development? Are you a champion for problem solving? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Technical Coop to our team this Fall.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As our Technical Coop, you will use your experience in software development to help create the next generation of industry 4.0 solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Working on and owning a development project;
- Assisting with business analytics;
- Project QA, testing app and backend infrastructure for bugs, build automation system and automation improvement;
- Write, submit, and track bug tickets via bug tracking software Jira;
- Create competitive analyses of other products, provide evaluations, and suggest product improvements.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Software Engineering or related program;
- Experience with at least one of the following: Ruby, Java, .Net, Python or C#;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good computer skills and experience with mobile technologies;
- Proactive, self-starter able to work independently;
- Champion for quality of user experience;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unity & 3D Software such as Maya;
- Experience with VR/AR/MR;
- QA testing experience on at least one project;
- Experience with AWS is an asset.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Technical Coop” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!