Do you regularly work your magic in Unity? Are you a hands-on when it comes to mentoring and sharing your know-how? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Unity guru to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will use your seasoned skills in Unity, battle proven best practices, and tried and tested processes to help create the next generation of industry 4.0 solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the team to develop, test, and maintain applications;
- Design & implement client-side systems & architecture;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Deliver high quality & well-structured code;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Integrating assets into the software at the required quality level;
- Creating custom tools and process solutions using various scripting languages and batching methods as needed;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 7 accumulated years of software development experience, with a solid Unity background;
- The know-how and methods to utilize best practices;
- Proven ability to mentor and coach team members when necessary;
- Familiarity with version control software such as Perforce, Subversion or Git;
- Familiarity with camera, UI/UX and various interaction models;
- Excellent debugging, optimization and profiling skills;
- A strong understanding of software engineering practices;
- A strong sense of problem solving and decision-making;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya, 3DS Max or ZBrush;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Have worked with cross-functional teams.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Senior Unity Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
We have 2 positions for this role open: 1 in each of our office locations in Vancouver and Victoria.