Do you regularly work your magic in bug catching? Are you a champion for quality user experience? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a QA Tester to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As our QA Tester, you will use your experience in refining great quality experiences to help create the next generation of industry 4.0 solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Testing app and backend infrastructure for bugs and other flaws as new features are integrated;
- Provide QA signoff on product release readiness, promising awesome project experiences;
- Write, submit, and track bug tickets via bug tracking software (Pivotal/Jira);
- Implement appropriate testing strategies to support product goals, and provide evaluations and product improvements.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- QA testing experience on at least one project;
- Knowledge of software version control, preferably using Perforce;
- Experience with bug management systems including bug tracking and reporting;
- Champion for quality of user experience;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with mobile technologies;
- Proactive, self-starter.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with AWS is an asset;
- Familiarity with a software development tool such as Jira;
- Experience with scripting, using C#, Python or shell/batch script.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “QA Tester” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!