LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning AR/VR studio. Our products and solutions include EasyAnatomy (a 3D veterinary anatomy study & reference app used in over 120 countries), JetsonVR (the world’s first virtual reality canine anatomy dissection experience), and MineLife VR (the virtual reality mine planning platform).
We have a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our headquarters are in the heart of downtown Victoria, B.C., and boast a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, a helicopter on the main floor (the one from Ocean’s 13), and the delicious Dak Cafe.
We’re looking for a motivated summer term co-op student (starting Fall 2018) to help us elevate our marketing and business development efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude; and someone passionate and eager to learn and who isn’t afraid to ask questions. You’ll be working closely along side our Customer Success Manager and Office Manager, as well as our co-founder / VP of Sales, helping us to: develop and nurture leads for pre-existing and new projects (both B2B & B2C); keep our existing customers engaged; plan and prepare for amazing displays at events and trade-shows, and more.
- Brainstorming and implementing strategies to promote EasyAnatomy to veterinary students worldwide;
- Developing, maintaining, and fine-tuning email & CPC (Google/Facebook/LinkedIn) marketing campaigns;
- Helping to manage LlamaZOO’s social media accounts;
- Creating content for our website;
- Assisting in the development of culture and corporate events.
This position provides a terrific opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of marketing/business development/business administrative areas, along with plenty of opportunity to directly and noticeably impact the company’s success with your efforts!
Required key traits:
- Adaptable, thrives at working at a fast pace, can manage multiple tasks at once, and handles interruptions graciously along the way;
- A proactive problem solver that’s ready to come up with creative solutions to issues;
- Attention to detail and doesn’t let things slip through the cracks;
- Proactive and self-motivated, ready to find new opportunities without being prompted and can push tasks forward to completion;
- A big fan of a healthy degree of variety.
Required skills & experience:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree (ideally with a Business, Marketing, or related focus);
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Very comfortable working with computers;
- Great teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with WordPress;
- Experience managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Experience writing for a publication, writing your own blog, or some other way of demonstrating that ur a gud writer;
- Previous experience working for a technology startup, or starting your own business;
- Competence with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Premiere and/or Photoshop);
- A fan of animals (ours is a pet-friendly office, and most days you will find at least one dog sleeping (or playing) on the couches).
Even if you’re afraid that you lack too many of the above skills/experiences – if you believe that this position will be a great fit, and you have others ways of showing us just how awesome you are, please send us your application!
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Business Co-op” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — please note that we’ll only be contacting applicants who are selected for an interview.