Are words your great craft? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Communication and Marketing Manager to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improve how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As a Communication Manager, you will use your experience and written skills to help tell the world about our next generation enterprise solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve industry training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
Coordinate, manage and own all communications activities for LlamaZOO including:
- Own and drive all of LlamaZOO’s outward-facing communications, including website content, social media and sales-oriented copy
- Write accurate, powerful solutions-oriented B2B copy in a variety of formats, for a variety of audiences, for a variety of purposes
- Create, curate and organize key messages and communications products for easy access by the sales team and product owners
- Assist sales team, product owners and executives with proposals, exhibit applications
- Manage LlamaZOO’s online presence and engagement on a variety of social media channels
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with key clients and external collaborators while working on communications projects
- Act as a trusted internal communications advisor for the rest of the team, providing editorial services such as copyediting and proofreading
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Understand how to tactfully and with credibility write with intent according to the needs of different B2B audiences, including influencers, decision makers, industry champions or potential investors
- Quickly plan and produce a full spectrum of communication tools, including product copy, web copy, blog posts, news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, slide decks, case studies, scientific abstracts, ebooks, white papers and lead magnets
- Build and maintain a communications infrastructure within LlamaZOO
- Effectively collaborate in a “flat”, collegial and friendly organization
- Be able to quickly pivot and focus on new priorities while following up and completing competing tasks
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, and supervise, motivate and mentor junior team members with decisiveness and empathy
- Excellent attention to detail, including grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as defining, explaining and championing an in-house style for all written communications
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media channels and scheduling tools
- Basic knowledge of WordPress CMS, Hubspot and SalesForce (or equivalents)
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience or understanding of natural resources or heavy industry sectors
- The sales funnel and integrated lead generation
- IIoT / IoT and Industry 4.0
- Digital or integrated marketing strategy and tactics
- Practical applications of AR/VR technology
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Communications and Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!