From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful Inner Harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
We are looking for a motivated Backend Developer to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy our island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks and free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time.
So, if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic;
- Building reusable code and libraries;
- Optimization of the platform for performance and scalability;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Design and implementation of data driven solutions;
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment;
- Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code;
- Writing unit tests.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience);
- 2+ years working in backend development;
- Working knowledge in at least one of: Java, Ruby, .NET;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Experience with RESTful APIs;
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Familiar with testing methodologies and test driven development;
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and / or IBM Cloud;
- Good written & verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment;
- Familiarity with DevOps;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Working knowledge of command line interfaces such as bash or PowerShell;
- Familiarity with server administration tasks;
- Experience working with ESRI ArcGIS.
How to apply:
This position is for our Victoria office only. Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Backend Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
We have 1 position for this role open in Victoria.