Do you regularly design impressive and realistic textures that bring digital assets to life? Are you a wizard when it comes to efficiently creating 3D models for an AR/VR environment? Are you the master of Maya? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a 3D Content Designer to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, and forestry (education, and veterinary medicine as well!) where we wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to embrace Industry 4.0, manage and visualize their data, and help industries become more efficient and grow their business.
As our new 3D Content Designer, you will use your digital design skills and eye for detail in wide variety of 3D environments and assets to help create the next generation of industry 4.0 solutions. Your skills will contribute and drive a visually compelling, engaging, studio-quality experience that will improve training, make operations more efficient, and identify opportunities for entirely new lines of business in a competitive environment.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love coffee, can hold your own in Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- 3D Asset creation for AR/VR environment;
- Using your digital content creation skills in a physics based rendering tool chain and pipeline experience;
- Manipulation of large point cloud data sets;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Create impressive and realistic textures to optimize the visual impact;
- Maintain order/upkeep of 3D assets library;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production;
- Act as a positive asset to a multi-disciplinary team.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 1-4 years of professional experience;
- Strong portfolio showcasing strong modelling/texture set and a wide range of artistic styles;
- Proven work experience in 3D modelling, creation of environments and texturing, and animation;
- Previous work experience with digital art software such as Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, ZBrush, MeshLab, Substance Painter and Substance Designer;
- Knowledge of map baking from low poly to high poly objects;
- Ability to optimize models and textures to achieve performance and budget milestones;
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel under pressure and work with tight deadlines;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as in an individual setting;
- Creative and flexible individual, able to embrace a constantly changing environment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with AutoCAD, or CAD files;
- Experience with content integration in Unity;
- Exposure to next gen graphics and VR and AR platforms.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “3D Content Designer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!