LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its e-learning platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR for a unique learning experience.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated Junior Software Developer to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Work with the team to develop, test, and maintain applications;
- Design & implement client side systems & architecture;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Deliver high quality & well-structured code;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Integrating assets into the software at the required quality level;
- Creating custom tools and process solutions using various scripting languages and batching methods as needed;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production;
- Act as a positive asset to a multi-disciplinary team.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong experience with Unity and/or Unreal;
- Demonstrable proficiency in C# and/or C++;
- Worked on a mobile platform or AR/VR/MR device;
- Familiarity with Perforce or Subversion;
- Familiarity with AI, Camera, UI/UX and various interaction models;
- Excellent debugging, optimization and profiling skills;
- A strong understanding of software engineering practices;
- A strong sense of problem solving and decision-making;
- Ability to be mentored;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good teamwork and attention to detail.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience);
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya, 3DS Max or ZBrush;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Have worked with cross-functional teams.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Junior Software Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!