LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated Backend Developer to help us with our technical efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic;
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions;
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience);
- 1+ years working in backend development;
- Experience with data stores such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB;
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Proficient with automated software testing;
- Fantastic written & verbal communication ability;
- You have worked with cross-functional teams.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience using AWS;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment;
- Experience with a DevOps culture;
- Working knowledge of Linux command line and server administration tasks.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Backend Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!