LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning early stage startup that has set its sights on revolutionizing education by developing an e-learning platform that delivers interactive 3D content, married with gamification, and learning techniques based on cognitive neuroscience. Our edTech platform allows students to study through interactive 3D content, and provides educators powerful tools to give more engaging lectures. We’re growing, and looking to hire an AR/VR/MR Software Developer to join our team.
What to expect:
- Innovative fast-paced startup company;
- Close-knit team composed by high performers;
- Playful and light hearted environment;
- Opportunity to play with and develop for new cutting edge technology in AR/VR/MR;
- Great office space in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C.;
- Sunny summer rooftop patio fully equipped with BBQ and bar;
- Cool employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, stocked with a variety of snacks and drinks our disposal;
- Team lunches and activities.
If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the ZOO to push the boundaries of what is possible in education and interactivity!
- Research and develop software for the latest AR/VR/MR hardware;
- Engineer and implement elegant, scalable and maintainable systems/features using test driven development;
- Develop interface modalities such as voice, gesture and hand tracking;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Keep abreast of new advances in virtual reality hardware, rendering technology and algorithms;
- Adapt to evolving product and business needs quickly and effectively.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Excellent programming skills and object oriented development experience;
- Understanding of technical issues related to compute, sensing, and optics system performance;
- Previous work experience with modern game engines, such as Unity 3D/Unreal;
- Extensive experience with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc.;
- Strong foundation in advanced mathematics, 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms;
- Experience with common data structures and design patterns;
- Knowledge of mobile development & deployment (IOS and Android);
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving, growing environment, and deliver on time.
Nice to Have
- 3D graphics programming experience (e.g. OpenGL, Direct3D);
- Experience with AR object recognition, acquisition, tracking, rendering;
- Previous work experience in an Agile environment.
How to apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, please send us your resume, cover letter and work samples (portfolio, website, GitHub, list of shipped titles, etc) as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “AR/VR/MR Software Developer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!