LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for industries that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated Android Developer to help us with our project efforts. The successful candidate will be proactive with a “can do” attitude and a passion for organization. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high performance, reusable, and reliable code;
- Collaborate with a close-knit cross-functional team;
- Work with outside data sources and API’s;
- Adapt to evolving product and business needs quickly and effectively;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are deployed against a schedule with the highest quality possible.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience engineering and implementing elegant, scalable and maintainable code with Android APIs, Frameworks and Android Studio;
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle;
- Familiarity with Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines;
- 3+ years of Android mobile application development;
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews;
- Intermediate understanding of JSON and RESTful web services;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving, growing environment, and deliver on time;
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unity Engine;
- Experience with AR/VR tools such as Vuforia;
- Experience with alternate input devices/methods such as Gyro, Magic LEAP, Infrared, Kinect;
- Experience with high-speed multi-user networking and communication protocols;
- Experience with Google speech APIs;
- Experience with Scrum and Agile environments as well as PM Tools such as Pivotal Tracker.
How to apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, please send us your resume, cover letter and work samples (portfolio, website, GitHub, list of shipped titles, etc.) as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Android Developer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!