LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning early stage startup that has set its sights on revolutionizing education by developing an e-learning platform that delivers interactive 3D content, married with gamification, and learning techniques based on cognitive neuroscience. Our edTech platform allows students to study through interactive 3D content, and provides educators powerful tools to give more engaging lectures. We’re growing, and looking to hire an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to help design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
What to expect:
- Innovative fast-paced startup company;
- Close-knit team composed by high performers;
- Playful and light hearted environment;
- Opportunity to play with and develop for new cutting edge technology in AR/VR/MR
- Great office space in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C.;
- Sunny summer rooftop patio fully equipped with BBQ and bar;
- Cool employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, stocked with a variety of snacks and drinks our disposal;
- Team lunches and activities.
If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the ZOO to push the boundaries of what is possible in education and interactivity!
- Translate designs and wireframes into high performance, reusable, and reliable code;
- Collaborate with a close-knit cross-functional team;
- Work with outside data sources and API’s;
- Adapt to evolving product and business needs quickly and effectively;
- Implement software enhancements, features, & bug fixes, including performance & footprint optimizations;
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are deployed against a schedule with the highest quality possible.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience engineering and implementing elegant, scalable and maintainable code with Android APIs, Frameworks and Android Studio;
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle;
- Familiarity with Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines;
- 3+ years of Android mobile application development;
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews;
- Intermediate understanding of JSON and RESTful web services;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving, growing environment, and deliver on time;
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Unity Engine;
- Experience with AR/VR tools such as Vuforia;
- Experience with alternate input devices/methods such as Gyro, Magic LEAP, Infrared, Kinect;
- Experience with high-speed multi-user networking and communication protocols;
- Experience with Google speech APIs;
- Experience with Scrum and Agile environments as well as PM Tools such as Pivotal Tracker.
How to apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, please send us your resume, cover letter and work samples (portfolio, website, GitHub, list of shipped titles, etc.) as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Android Developer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!