LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning early stage startup that has set its sights on revolutionizing education by developing an e-learning platform that delivers interactive 3D content, married with gamification, and learning techniques based on cognitive neuroscience. Our edTech platform allows students to study through interactive 3D content, and provides educators powerful tools to give more engaging lectures. We’re growing, and looking to hire a 3D Content Designer to join our team!
What to expect:
- Innovative fast-paced startup company;
- Close-knit team composed by high performers;
- Playful and light hearted environment;
- Opportunity to play with and develop for new cutting edge technology in AR/VR/MR;
- Great office space in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C.;
- Sunny summer rooftop patio fully equipped with BBQ and bar;
- Cool employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, stocked with a variety of snacks and drinks our disposal;
- Team lunches and activities.
If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the ZOO to push the boundaries of what is possible in education and interactivity!
- 3D Animating;
- 3D Sculpting;
- Create 3D models;
- 3D Asset creation for AR/VR environment;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Create impressive and realistic textures to optimize the visual impact;
- Maintain order/upkeep of 3D assets library;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production;
- Act as a positive asset to a multi-disciplinary team.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or related technical discipline (equivalent experience may be considered);
- Strong portfolio showcasing strong modeling/texture set and a wide range of artistic styles;
- Proven experience in 3D modeling, animating and sculpting;
- Previous working experience with graphic design software such as Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, ZBrush, Substance painter and designer;
- Knowledge of map baking from low poly to high poly objects;
- Previous work experience with modern game engines, such as Unity 3D/Unreal;
- Ability to optimize models and textures to achieve performance and budget milestones;
- Exposure to next gen graphics and VR and AR platforms;
- Strong artistic skills and a detail-oriented eye;
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel under pressure and work with tight deadlines;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as in an individual setting;
- Creative and flexible individual, able to embrace a constantly changing environment.
How to apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, please send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Don’t forget to attach a portfolio showcasing previous projects. Finally, be sure to put “3D Content Designer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!