LlamaZOO Interactive is an award winning startup developing visualization solutions for post secondary institutions and corporations that need to educate their stakeholders on complex 3D structures or data. Its innovative platform blends interactive 3D content and learning techniques with AR/VR/MR.
LlamaZOO has a close-knit comfortable working environment, team lunches and activities, and a great office space. Our office is located in the heart of beautiful Victoria, B.C and is equipped with a sunny summer rooftop patio with BBQ, a comfy employee lounge with gaming consoles, an arcade machine, and a variety of snacks and drinks at your disposal. We know the importance of balancing work and play, and reflect this in our day to day activities.
We are looking for a motivated 3D Content Designer to help us with our artistic efforts. The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn. If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
What you will be doing:
- 3D Sculpting;
- Create 3D models;
- 3D Asset creation for AR/VR environment;
- Dataset processing and optimization;
- Create impressive and realistic textures to optimize the visual impact;
- Maintain order/upkeep of 3D assets library;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production;
- Act as a positive asset to a multi-disciplinary team.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Arts or related technical discipline (equivalent experience may be considered);
- Strong portfolio showcasing strong modeling/texture set and a wide range of artistic styles;
- Proven work experience in 3D modeling, animating and sculpting;
- Previous work experience with digital art software such as Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Substance Designer;
- Knowledge of map baking from low poly to high poly objects;
- Ability to optimize models and textures to achieve performance and budget milestones;
- Strong artistic skills and a detail-oriented eye;
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel under pressure and work with tight deadlines;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as in an individual setting;
- Creative and flexible individual, able to embrace a constantly changing environment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous work experience with modern game engines, such as Unity 3D/Unreal;
- Exposure to next gen graphics and VR and AR platforms.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to email@example.com. Be sure to put “3D Content Designer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!